Fakultet for helsevitenskap (HV), Institutt for ergoterapi og ortopediingeniør
OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University (former HiOA) is Norway’s third largest university, with more than 20,000 students and over 2000 employees. We conduct research in areas that are important for welfare and value creation, for instance health, education, social sciences, technology and design. OsloMet has an academic stimulating environment with a variety of welfare schemes.
The Faculty of Health Sciences consists of five departments and offers study programmes on all levels, including PhD. The faculty has about 6000 students and nearly 600 members of staff.
The Faculty of Health Sciences, the Department of Occupational Therapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics has two vacant permanent positions as professor/associate professor. The positions are vacant from spring 2019. We are looking for colleagues who can contribute to strengthening teaching and research in occupational therapy at all three levels: bachelor’s, master’s and PhD level.The Department of Occupational Therapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics is one of the faculty’s five departments. The department offers two bachelor’s degree programmes, one master’s degree programme in occupational therapy, a further education programme in occupational therapy in primary health care, and an interdisciplinary further education programme in welfare technology. The department is also responsible for coordinating the Motion Analysis Laboratory, which is an inter-faculty laboratory.
Main duties of the position
- R&D activities: researching, publishing and disseminating research results
- contributing to applying for funds for externally funded research
- contributing to the development of existing and new study programmes at the department
- participating in and contributing to the development of the department’s contract work
- teaching and supervising at different levels in theory, skills training and practical training
- responsibility for supervising and grading papers at different levels
- planning, implementing and evaluating courses in the bachelor’s, master’s and further education programmes
We are looking for candidates who have
- professor/associate professor qualifications in relevant subject areas. Research fellows who are in the final stage of their PhDs are encouraged to apply.
- an educational background in and experience working as an occupational therapist
- good oral and written presentation skills in English
- good IT skills
If the candidate does not have the required skills in Norwegian or a Scandinavian language, he/she will be offered training to be able to carry out the tasks involved in the position and/or field of work. You must be able to document Norwegian skills at a level corresponding to at least level B2 within three years of being hired.
It is an advantage if you also have
- experience of research networks and managing projects involving external funding
- insight into research in occupational science
- experience of teaching and supervision at all levels
- experience of digital learning tools
- expertise in interprofessional education
- good oral and written presentation skills in a Scandinavian Language
Importance will be attached to documented teaching qualifications and experience. If you do not have relevant teaching qualifications, you must undertake to complete the university’s basic teaching qualification programme (15 credits) within two years.
OsloMet will test teaching qualifications in connection with interviews. General criteria for appointments to positions as professor/associate professor are found in the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
We are looking for applicants who
- have the ability to cooperate and build relations, both internally, nationally and internationally
- are resourceful and flexible
- are committed to the discipline and have the ability to motivate and inspire students and colleagues
- have the ability to work independently
It is important to OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required
Applicants will be assessed by an expert committee. You must upload the following documents together with your application by the final date for applications:
- CV, references and all pages of certificates/diplomas
- list of scholarly works
- up to 10 scholarly works, including your PhD thesis
You must upload all of these documents. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be government authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet checks documents in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, contact senior adviser Malin Larsen, firstname.lastname@example.org
We can offer you
- an inspirational educational and research environment with opportunities for professional development and participation in research groups engaged in interdisciplinary, national and international collaboration
- opportunities to influence and participate in building occupational therapy expertise at bachelor’s, further education, master’s and PhD level at Norway’s third biggest and most urban university
- loan and pension arrangements with the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- good welfare arrangements
If you would like more information about the position, feel free to contact:
- Head of Department Mona Dahl, (+47) 47 28 71 41
The salary for the position is in accordance with the pay scale for state employees, code 1013 (professor) / 1011(førsteamanuensis) / 1198 (førstelektor).
Salary NOK695,500–893,900 / 524,200–682,200 per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants.
If you wish to apply for the position, please apply electronically by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
Final date for applications: 20/01/2019
login and apply